You know this, for sure: you know something that you do not like or fear. You stand before it, paralyzed, hypnotized, dazed. You do not dare to begin because you can already figure out how bad it will be.
Made With Love – and Sweat – for You!
Sewing. That’s my nemesis.
That’s what I’ve thought until now. I fear cutting fabric because I cannot undo it. I fear stitching weird lines of stitches. I fear having to adjust thread tension. I fear sewing things together to see later that they were completely wrong positioned. Oh, so many fears. And now THAT:
I have got these amazing beautiful and colorful Julia-fabrics for the diy blogger contest!! And: I have always dreamed of a congenial multifunctional project bag for knitting, crocheting and crafting for travelling.
- It should be small enough for easy carrying and big enough for taking along all notions I would be needing on holidays.
- There should be an easy possibility to take stitch markers.
- It must be carried in a way which leaves the hands totally free – if you want.
- No zipper because yarns can get caught in it.
- For marketing: business cards pocket! Great for visiting fairs…
- Enough room for needles, cables, notebook, two yarn balls, pattern (copies), a pencil, scissors. Portemonnaie and smartphone.
- Stylish and cute.
Colorful for the Color it!-along. Project bag for the color it!-knitters. Lottery bags for picking pattern and color.
I scratched my head and tried to imagine this impossibility: small AND big with different ways of carrying. Ha! I’ve found it: I need two-in-one bags! So look here and smile with me :-D!
- T – for Tyrannosaurus. Nooooo ;). T for Tamed. This project bag concept will tame you, for sure. And it will tame your knitting, too.
- TWIN – for twins. These bags are twins in many ways, sewn the same way. They fit together but they can be separate as well.
- WIN – you are the winner using these bags! In several ways because you have the perfect companion bags for crafting and everybody will envy you.
Bags Clicked Together: Carry them on one shoulder or as Cross Bags.
One or Two? Decide how much you want to take along. That’s all that counts.
Open Project Bag. Lying Notions Bag. Adjustable Strap.
Yesterday I was dancing in my creativity lab (aka the living room) with bag no. 1. With Paul McCartney’s Live and Let Die. Hehe. That was before I pinched my right foot under the night storage heater… But this is another story.
I will be posting the instructions for these two bags in the next days! I must warn you, because I have never written instructions for sewing before. So they won’t be for absolute beginners. But I will really do my very best!
AND SOME MORE SEWY GOODNESS!
Have a close look at these bags. Write one comment about another reason why these bags are just perfect and how you would use them. And WIN a print out copy of the sewing instructions and one set of Julia fabrics and buttons, enough to sew your own T-WIN Bags! Please remember, just for personal use and not for selling ;-).
Backside of Project Bag: Business Card Pocket
Project Bag Clicked on the Skirt: Free Hands for Crafting!
Inside the Project Bag: Enough room for two big skeins, project and pattern copy.
Inside the Notions Bag
Stitch Marker Attachment. Hehe. Easy peasy and fabulous.
Pocket for Cables or Other Things…
Stylish and Cute Details: A Button Charm (good when you suddenly need a button :)) and twin birds.
So, after all, I have conquered my fears. And with what result! I am beyond happiness and I hope you want to join me on cloud no. 764. Why 764? Don’t know. Just – brain cell output. I am not the one to question that – I am so very grateful that my brain keeps me creative and happy ;).